I recently had to make a presentation at work on ontologies–the basics, really, of what they are, how they’re used, and what the heck is OWL? I found the following links and sites helpful in creating my presentation, and thought I’d share them here.
- Synonym Rings and Authority Files - Boxes and Arrows: The design behind the design
- XML.com: Ontology Building: A Survey of Editing Tools
- XML.com: Ontology Tools Survey, Revisited
- Are the terms ontology, taxonomy, and folksonomy interchangeable? | Ask MetaFilter
- Guided Tour of Ontology
- Video: How to Build a Scientific Ontology
- Developing and Creatively Leveraging Hierarchical Metadata and Taxonomy - Boxes and Arrows
- Ontology Development 101 (Protege user documentation)
- Metadata? Thesauri? Taxonomies? Topic Maps!
- Ontologies Come of Age