The “five open supersecrets” about bloggers, as Lee Siegel says in Against the Machine (quoted in Benjamin Kunkel’s review at N1BR), are:
- Not everyone has something valuable to say.
- Few people have anything original to say.
- Only a handful of people know how to write well.
- Most people will do almost anything to be liked.
- “Customers” are always right, but “people” aren’t.
I am not sure how these five secrets distinguish bloggers from anyone else, including those who write books. They are worth remembering, though.