When Procrastination doesn’t keep me from doing what I should be doing, I fall back on creating a links post.
- Digitized K-mart in-store background music (1989-1993). As Susie Bright said in her Facebook post, “This is a soundtrack waiting for its porn film.”
- Pick your guru carefully.
- 19th-century views of the Year 2000.
- Alternate Histories has released its 2015 Holiday Pack!
- The James Randi documentary, An Honest Liar, which I saw via Netflix. Randi fought the good fight, but as his nemesis Uri Gellar says near the end, “We won.” And as the movie shows, Randi’s own need to believe is great. The most bizarre scene is an old television clip of him hanging upside-down, escaping from a straitjacket, while a woman in elegant poofy dress sings “You’ve Got the Magic Touch.”
- We suffered a break-in earlier this year. Nevertheless, I draw the line at this.